Friday, June 5, 2015

Spain

Wow. It is such an amazing opportunity to be in Spain right now. I remember when I was notified by Dr. Yazdani that I was selected to participate in this research internship, my thoughts were along the lines of “Okay cool… I guess I am going to Spain this summer.” I don’t think it actually hit me that I was going to Spain until I was boarding a 767 headed for Spain.

First thing is first: Jet lag is real. I always made fun of people when they griped about having jet lag. Like what’s the big deal right? Well… It is safe to say that myself and all my group mates slept a good 14 hours our first night (day?) in Valencia. It definitely took a couple days to adjust to our new sleeping and eating schedules (dinner isn't at 6 PM ... it is at like 10 PM). 

So far Spain is great. We have been here about one week already, and we are all realizing just how much there is to explore. What a change of pace it is to go from driving around everywhere to walking everywhere and catching subways and trams. Another thing I never see back in the States is how live this city is at oddly late hours. 12 AM Monday? Full restaurants. It is very exciting to be able to experience the culture here and I am excited to share my experience! In the meantime, check out this mean view from the rooftop of our apartment complex. 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment