Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Barcelona

Hit up Barcelona this weekend. What a colorful city. Seriously so big. I was taken by surprise how huge Barcelona is. Syed and I sort of just didn’t even plan this trip. We just went. We got to Barcelona around 8 PM Friday; and around 8:30 PM Friday we started looking for a place to sleep. No itinerary or plan. It was great.

Really, that’s how the story starts. We carpooled to Barcelona with four complete strangers and it was great and totally different. Syed and I were dropped off at the Port of Barcelona. Then we just sort of started walking… We had no idea where to even get settled to search for a place to sleep. We were so lost and it was so much fun. Anyways, we found our way. We had some fast food chicken (good stuff) and used the free WiFi in the restaurant and found a crash pad.

Alright, so I have been in Valencia for two weeks now and I guess I got used to the subway system here. It’s fairly quiet and peaceful inside the subways of Valencia. I thought the same would apply in Barcelona… and I was taken by surprise. The subways in Barcelona are a monster. I mean these subways were jam-packed. The train itself is definitely on a mission to try to knock you down. The subway in Barcelona was a fun and different experience.

So obviously we didn’t go to Barcelona to ride the subway and eat cheap chicken fingers. Saturday was a day of exploring. Again, we didn’t have an itinerary. Syed and I woke up and just sort of walked out of the house. The first place we walked to was Park Guell. What a view. Later we slowly made our way to the Sagrada Familia plaza where we saw a monster of a cathedral. Seriously such an introspective piece of art.

After taking on a good couple of miles in the city, we decided to hit up the beach. And what a high tide that was. So peaceful. It was nice baking under the sun. I think I got maybe half a shade darker this weekend. Success.









Once we were done at the beach we decided to just sort of walk through the outskirts of the city. We encountered some cool looking buildings. #2modern4me. I'm sure we got lost at some point, but somehow we ended up in El Bario Gotico. A neighborhood like I’ve never seen before.

As it started getting dark, we kept walking away from the city towards this huge mountain. We finally got to a pretty high place in the mountain and we were able to watch Barcelona light up in the night time.


That’s when we decided that we should probably get some sleep. Sunday was a calm day. We started our day off with an exotic local breakfast here that they call “McDonalds.” Afterwards we made way to Camp Nou, FCB soccer stadium. We then topped our Barcelona adventure by hitting up the beach again. It’s always nice to get lost on the sand. Barcelona was such a pretty time. Such a colorful and wavy city with amazing architecture. Loved it.

Barça was chill. 


No comments:

Post a Comment